Non-EU student exchange
- Degree student of the KUG
- Nomination letter of the KUG
- Student application form with photo of the student
- Learning Agreement
- 2 letters of recommendation (including 1 from a main study teachers)
- Motivation Letter - including a DVD with three pieces of music or songs / arias from different eras (duration: approx. 30 min). The individual pieces of music should be recorded without a cut, with the applicant fully in the shot. If the candidate is a singer, then at least one song / aria should be performed in German.
- Information and Application for the Mobility Grant for Students for a stay abroad (outside of the EU) - in German only.
- Database for grants: Further offers for financing your stay abroad with scholarships can be found on the website of the OEAD.
USA & Scholarship of the City of Graz
General Information about an exchange semester at Montclair State University, NJ
Scholarship by the City of Graz for Montclair State University 2023/24
Every year, the City of Graz awards two scholarships for a study visit to Montclair State University in New Jersey, USA.
Application deadline for academic year 2023/24: 30 November 2022
Announcement by the City of Graz:
The City of Graz has been twinned with Montclair in New Jersey, USA, since 1950. Within the framework of this twinning, the City of Graz offers two students from Graz universities the opportunity to study at Montclair State University for two semesters; preference will be given to applicants who reside in Graz.
Studying at Montclair State University
Montclair State University was founded in 1908 and is a public university funded by the State of New Jersey. It offers courses for graduates and undergraduates and is divided into five faculties: College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Science and Mathematics, College of Education an Human Services, College of Arts, School of Business. The university campus is located in Montclair and is very well connected to New York City by bus (approx. 20 km away). As in Austria, the academic year is divided into semesters. Only about one third of the 13,000 students live on campus. Graz students are accommodated on campus, which offers very good sporting and cultural opportunities and facilities. Graz students, like their American counterparts, take 12 hours of classes per week per semester, the so-called full load, although Graz scholars are free to choose their courses. As at any American university, attendance is compulsory for all courses. The scholarship is fully financed by the twinning programme and includes full tuition fees, accommodation, pocket money and meals (meal cards).
Application process for Montclair State University Scholarship
Application deadline: 30 November 2022
The following documents must be submitted to the International Office by the application deadline:
Completed Form "Application Package" containing:
"Application Form for Exchange Program students"
"Study-Confirmation" form that needs to be completed, signed and stamped by your academic advisor/study coordinator.
Study Plan (Please use the Montclair State University website to find appropriate courses.)
Transcript of Records
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2 Letters of recommendation (from two professors of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz)
Separate document with links (URLs) to:
A short video introduction to yourself, no more than five minutes
Performances by you or (for composers) of your works
- no more than 30 minutes of performance all together
- performers and conductors should select recorded performances of music from a variety of different styles/periods
- composers should also include scores of three or four representative works, in pdf format
Updated: December 2022