Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Traineeships (SMT) at KUG
- Traineeships abroad for:
- Students who are currently enrolled in higher education institutions in programme countries for a Bachelor, Master or PhD programme.
- Recent University graduates (traineeship must be completed within 12 months of graduation).
- The traineeship must
- be relevant for your studies or personal development and
- should preferably be integrated into your study programme.
- An Erasmus+ traineeship at KUG can include for example the following activities:
- participation in research projects,
- internships (i.e. unpaid attendance as a guest for a limited time, shadowing in class in the field of education, such as stage design internships or project internships),
- assistance in a department of the KUG.
- From a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 12 months - your total time abroad (study abroad periods included) may not exceed 12 months within one cycle of study.
- It is NOT possible to complete courses at KUG during the traineeship.
- NO One-to-One-Lessons
- NO participation in Chamber Music or Orchestra Projects.
- NO exams can be taken and it is NOT possible to receive any ECTS credits.
- Look for a suitable traineeship position and discuss the possible programme of the traineeship preliminarily with your supervisor at KUG. (NOTE: The International Office cannot arrange traineeships.)
- Nomination by the international coordinator of your home university by e-mail to: international_office(at)kug.ac.at – at least 3 months before the planned beginning of your traineeship!
- After the nomination you will receive a link to the application form as well as instructions for our application platform Mobility-Online.
- Please fill in the application form on Mobility-Online.
- Complete your Learning Agreement for Traineeships as discussed preliminarily with your supervisor, sign it yourself and have it signed by the responsible person at your home university. A signature by your KUG-supervisor is not required at this point.
- Log in to Mobility-Online and complete your application in your Mobility-Online workflow: complete personal and address details, upload application documents (Learning Agreement for Traineeships signed by student and sending institution, CV, copy of your passport/ID). Submit your application in the Mobility-Online Workflow.
- After submitting the complete application documents, it can take approximately 5 weeks until your traineeship is approved.
- Upon approval of your traineeship, you will receive a confirmation and the Learning Agreement for Traineeships signed by your supervisor by e-mail.
- Beginning of your stay: Please register with the Registrar’s Office of the KUG (Address: Leonhardstraße 15, ground floor, 8010 Graz, e-mail: email@example.com) and pay the ÖH fee. As an Erasmus+ trainee at KUG you will be enrolled as a student. Thus, you will receive a student ID card (KUG card), will have access to the KUGonline system and will be able to use the infrastructure of the KUG (e.g. library resources).
- Before the end of your traineeship: Enter the actual dates of your stay in your Mobility-Online workflow and request your Confirmation of Stay.
- Completion of your stay: Receive the Confirmation of Stay (either by picking it up in the International Office or as a download from Mobility-Online).
The Traineeship Certificate will be signed by your supervisor.
Information on insurance can be found here.
Updated: July 2021