- Students may complete a stay abroad within the framework of Erasmus+ in the third semester (BA) at the earliest.
- If you wish to study abroad with Erasmus+ beginning in the winter semester, and lasting for one or two semesters, you must complete your application in the previous academic year so that the IO can accept and forward your application to our partner universities by March 15th the latest.
- If a student wishes to begin an Erasmus+ stay abroad starting in the summer semester, the full application must be forwarded to the IO by October 15th of the previous semester.
- Please note the deadlines, as well as the following leaflet of the OeAD.
- Partner universities have various deadlines regarding application acceptance. It is particularly important that you inform yourself about the deadlines at your desired university.
- Data and statistics on the mobility of students and teachers both inside and outside of Europe through the Erasmus+ Program can be found here.
- The duration of the stay abroad must be at least 3 months and may not exceed 12 months.
- If a student applies for one semester only, a subsequent extension of the stay is possible only if the stay abroad began in the winter semester. The formalities regarding the extension must be observed.
- Erasmus + students are exempt from any tuition fees at the partner university. For the duration of the stay abroad, the student is also exempted from the tuition fees at the KUG. However, the stay abroad must be reported in person at the Registrar´s Office before the student´s departure to the host country. Furthermore, a reinscription at the KUG (without the Central Artistic Subject) is necesary.
- Erasmus + students receive a mobility grant (Mobilitätszuschuss) for the duration of their stay abroad, the amount of which depends on the destination country. This Erasmus + mobility grant is a partial scholarship and covers only a part of the costs incurred.
- Minimum requirements (reimbursement limit for the mobility grant): 3 ECTS credits per month or 6 semester hours for a study visit of up to 5 months, 12 semester hours for study visits from 6 to 10 months, and 18 semester hours for study visits of 11 and 12 months.
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has decided to grant full Erasmus+ grants to economically disadvantaged students, since the beginning of the academic year 2019/20, as well as giving them the opportunity to apply for further "aid for studying abroad" as study aid recipients.
- A mobility under Erasmus + does not automatically include insurance coverage. The students are obliged to provide sufficient insurance coverage (health insurance, accident insurance, liability insurance) for the duration of their stay abroad. Students must inform themselves about the requirements in the host country and institution, and also inquire with their social insurance in Austria.
If you are interested in an exchange semester, or an exchange year, at one of our partner institutions, please first contact the International Coordinator at the Department of International Relations at the KUG. Our coordinator will inform you over the necessary steps.
The entire application process will be handled on our Mobility Online system, which will remain as a communication platform until the end of your stay. Mobility Online will allow you to upload the following information and files:
- Student Application Form (Example Only - Please Fill Out in Mobility Online)
- KUG Learning Agreement for Studies (Example Only - Please Fill out in Mobility Online)
- Motivation Letter
- Performance Files/Documentation (Audio and Video files, Portfolio, Certificates - independent of the application documents requested by the partner university)
- Official test results: for Musicology and IEM students
Students in teacher training for secondary education in the South-East Development Cooperation may apply under the Erasmus+ programme (applies only to Erasmus+ study visits in the programme countries) to a maximum of one of the universities or higher education institutions in the network for a stay abroad during the same period. This institution does not have to be the main admitting institution. The deadlines and procedures of the respective institutions apply.
For further informatoion (only available in german):