Applications are permitted for Degree Programme Students
- starting from the fourth semester in the bachelor's or diploma programme, or starting from the first semester in the master’s programme (if the bachelor’s programme was completed at the KUG) or starting from the second semester in the master’s programme (if the bachelor’s programme was not completed at the KUG);
- with excellent academic achievements in the Major Artistic Subject;
- once in a calendar year for two competitions or once in a calendar year for a master class / a project abroad and one competition per applicant;
- for Austrian and international students
The application (completed application form) must be submitted to the International Office (IO) at least three weeks before the competition.
>>ATTENTION: Applications that have been submitted after the deadline will not be considered!<<
- Exception: For competitions that take place between July 1 and September 30, the application needs to be submitted by June 20.
- Address: Palais Meran, Leonhardstraße 15, 2nd floor, room 207 - Michaela Ritter
The following documents must be enclosed with the application:
Detailed justification by the main subject teacher or the teacher of the Major Artistic Subject (ZKF) stating the artistic relevance for participation;
- A copy of the competition brochure (copy of the corresponding page from the internet);
- Up-to-date enrolment log: Continuation of studies as a Degree Programme Student. Important: The study code must be included in the application;
- Transcript of records from KUGonline (based on the last completed semester):
- Bachelor's programme/Diploma Programme: Major Artistic Subject "Very good“;
- Master's Programme with a previous Bachelor`s programme at the KUG: Overall grade of the bachelor exam "With honours";
- Master's programme without a previous Bachelor's programme at the KUG: Major Artistic Subject "Very good“;
- Fields of Studies without a Major Artistic Subject: overall average of all grades in the compulsory subjects and elective subjects < 2,0
The application must be completed in full and contain the approving signature of the Director of the institute.
Awarding of the financial assistance
- The amount depends on the available funds. There is no legal entitlement to financial assistance.
- Course fees are not being paid for!
- It will be communicated in writing via email to the KUG email address of the student whether and to what extent the application was approved.
The following must be submitted upon return:
- Completed list of travel costs;
- All original invoices (travel, accommodation, receipt/confirmation of payment for the registration and/or competition fee). Receipts for meals do not have to be submitted.
- Confirmation of participation in the competition
- Personal experience report