We recommend you to prepare for your exchange semester at our university in the following way:
- Inform yourself about the teachers in your subject area, their teaching methods, and possibly their thematic priorities in order to formulate a teacher request for the Major Artistic Subject ("Zentrales Künstlerisches Fach", short ZKF) when applying on Mobility-Online.
- KUGonline gives you an overview of the courses, which are available to every exchange student, such as Choir, Meet for Music, and all scientific lectures and courses that do not require more intensive individual attention. If seats are available, registration is also possible for the orchestra. With this tutorial we help you to find courses offered at the KUG: "How to find courses at the KUG."
- Language of Instruction and level of German (at the end of the page, see also FAQs)
- Award of a study place through our exchange programmes: The signature of the Vice Rector for Studies and Teaching of the KUG on your Learning Agreement / Study Plan is a necessary prerequisite for the awarding of a KUG study place and the issuing of Acceptance Letters by our department.
2. Learning Agreement (LA) / Study Plan (SP)
Differentiated information on the LA / SP makes it easier for us to subsequently assess and award a study place. In addition, an accurate LA / SP will allow you to recognise the ECTS credits earned at your home institution. Instructions for completing the LAs / SPs can be found at: >>How to fill out the Learning Agreement (LA) / Study Plan (SP)?<<
If possible, you should achieve a max. amounting to 30 ECTS credits per semester (see guidelines Erasmus+). Please note the minimum amount of ECTS credits, which has to be earned and recognized by the sending institution in order to receive your Erasmus+ grant. Please understand that the International Office can not answer questions about individual courses and ECTS credits.
3. Acceptance Letter
After you have received your acceptance letter, you must register on KUGonline within the admission period. Detailed instructions will be sent to you together with your acceptence letter.
Admission/ Registration Deadlines:
Winter Semester: September 1 to 30, 2021
Summer Semester: February 7 to 24, 2022
- ÖH-Beitrag (fee of the Austrian National Union of Students) must be paid: approx. EUR 20,00
- No tuition fees for incoming students!
Please complete all necessary official registrations:
- Graz Registration Office (>>Info sheet by the Welcome Center<<)
- Anmeldebescheinigung (registration certificate for EU citizens) or Aufenthaltsbewilligung (residence permit for non-European citizens) at the Amt der Steiermärkischen Landesregierung (Paulustorgasse 4). >>More information<<
2. Welcome Information Day (WID)
Participation in the Welcome Information Day, which usually takes place at the beginning of the Study Year in September, is mandatory.
On 21 September 2021 the WID for the academic year 2021/2022 will take place. >>More info<<
3. Information about Campus Life: Further information about important organisational matters which have to be taken into account when planning your studies as well as during your stay.
1. Transcript of Records (TOR)
Ask your teachers to add your grades to KUGonline. Deregister at the Registrar´s Office and personally receive your ToR there. If all of your exam results are not available at that time, you may request the ToR via the International Office by e-mail later.
2. Confirmation of Stay
Please enter your actual study-oriented dates of your stay in Mobility-Online as soon as you are asked to do so by email. We will then confirm your stay with signature and stamp. You will be informed as soon as you can pick up your Confirmation of Stay in the International Office.