The Erasmus+ programme of the European Union also provides the possibility for exchanging teachers short term. University staff have the option to receive a sponsored stay abroad. The participating countries are the 28 EU Member States as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, North Macedonia and Turkey. Data and statistics on the mobility of students and teachers both inside and outside of Europe through the Erasmus+ Programme can be found here.
- In order for students, who may not have the opportunity to participate in exchange programs, to have the opportunity to benefit from the expertise of university teachers from other European universities.
- The universities themselves have the opportunity to extend their teaching profile.
- The connection between both universities is strengthened.
Teacher Mobility and Staff Mobility for Further Education
- Teaching Assignment (STA): teachers must teach at least 2 days minimum (excluding travel time). At least 8 hours must be taught.
- The teacher / KUG member must be officially invited by the host institution.
- The teaching period of the guest lecturer (workshop, seminar, lecture, lecture recital, etc.) should make a significant contribution to the regular study program of the partner university and must be integrated into the study program of the partner institution.
- Ideally, teacher mobility activities take place in exchange. http://www.bildung.erasmusplus.at/hochschulbildung/mobilitaet/lehraufenthalte/ueberblick/
- Staff Training (STT): Stays abroad for the purpose of further education must last at least 2 days and are limited to max. 8 weeks limited (excluding travel time). http://www.bildung.erasmusplus.at/hochschulbildung/mobilitaet/fortbildungsaufenthalte/ueberblick/